Monday, November 28, 2011

Sweet Pea Spotlight November 2011: Kayden and Karson

| |



Sweet Pea Spotlight November 2011: Kayden & Karson

We would like to thank all of the families that submitted their children's stories. Please know that each of your children are so inspiring and are the reason for what we do. We are honored that you chose to share them with us. If your story was not highlighted this month we encourage you to resubmit next month.


In honor of Prematurity Awareness Month we chose a special preemie duo as our November Sweet Pea Spotlight, Kayden and Karson. These boys are current NICU sweet peas. We ask that you keep Kayden, Karson, and their family in your hearts as they continue their fight in the NICU.



Kayden and Karson's Story


I was having very severe 5-6 minute contractions at 1:00 AM on November 4th. So I rushed to the hospital (a 45 minute drive). I waited there until 4 AM just for them to send me home saying I was dehydrated. Once I returned home I tried everything I could to make my contractions stop until I came to realize my water had broken. At 26 weeks and 6 days I didn't know what to think. Upon returning to the hospital, I was rushed to the OR at 10 cm dilated. At 10:49 Kayden was born weighing 2 pounds 3 ounces. Five minutes later my son Karson was born weighing 2 pounds 7 ounces. They will be three weeks this Friday. Karson has already hit the 3 pound mar. Kayden is shortly behind weighing 2lbs 12oz. They are for the most part breathing on their own except for some pressure being used to keep their lungs from sticking. Their feedings are increased every day. They have told us to expect them to come home around February. All I am waiting for is the day they can be in the same open crib together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment