Monday, June 7, 2010

A Little Bit of “Faith” in Drake's Doodlebugs: Dr. Seuss Book Drive

| |

Hello everyone,

My name is Christy Michel and I am the project leader for Drake's Doodlebugs, a Project Sweet Peas. I joined Project Sweet Peas and started Drakes Doodlebugs to help make a difference in someone’s life. I know how hard it is to have your child in the NICU. The things you treasure are the things that you can do for your baby while you are there with them. I remember reading to Drake at night and what a great feeling it was. I cherish those memories as well as the books I read to him.

I am holding a Dr. Seuss book drive in memory of Drake's best Angel friend, Faith Grace Miles. She was an inspiration to many. You can check out Faith's story at http://faithgracecdh.blogspot.com/ . Faith’s mom, Amy Miles, is one of my dearest friends. She read Dr. Seuss books to Faith each night, and I would like to honor Faith's memory by providing others with the chance to do the same. I will be delivering close to 100 Project Sweet Peas' Drake's Doodlebugs bags. I would love to include Dr. Seuss books in them in memory of Faith.

Please help me add a little “FAITH” in Drakes Doodlebugs! You can help by donating any gently used or new Dr. Seuss books to:

Drakes Doodlebugs
C/O Christy Michel
717 Simpson Way
Covington, LA. 70435

By Christy Michel

0 comments:

Post a Comment