Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Welcome Mason's Monarchs!

| |
Project Sweet Peas would like to officially welcome a new local project that joined us this month: Mason's Monarchs!Shannon Mason is project leader of Mason's Monarchs, which is serving a local hospital in Florida. For more information about Mason's Monarchs, please email Shannon@projectsweetpeas.com.

Here is the story of the Mason family...

I always knew that I wanted to be a wife and mother. At 17 I was lucky enough to have found the perfect man, we married a few years later and began our journey to parenthood. However the journey was anything but pleasant. We began our marriage with three heartbreaking first trimester miscarriages and then a battle to discover the reasoning. I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and this caused complications. So we took a few years to give my body time to heal and started over again. The next roadblock was infertility issues.

We solved the fertility issues by having IVF in 2007 and fell pregnant with twins. The first I lost to vanishing twin syndrome and was immediately placed on bed rest. A few weeks later I gave birth to his brother at 17 weeks. No explanation! The following winter I delivered twin boys at 19 weeks! Three baby’s all born sleeping. We discovered that I had an incompetent cervix and it could not hold the weight of a growing baby.

We had to try one more time… so I received a TAC (transabdominal cerclage) and we spent the last of our money on another round of IVF. All of our eggs in one basket, so to speak. On June 4, 2010, I delivered a healthy baby boy via caesarean. His lungs were not fully developed but after all we had been though the doctors let him stay with us versus going to NICU.

We believe that everything happens for a reason, the bad as well as the good. Whether you hold your baby for a day, a week, a month, or years the pain still exist when they are no longer with you. Through Mason’s Monarchs we hope that we can give strength and courage to other parents who are grieving or fighting the battle to keep their little ones alive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment